How To Remove Your Personal Data From TruthFinder
Learn how to remove your personal records from our database.
How-To: Remove your data from TruthFinder (Opting Out)
Instructions: How To Opt-Out of TruthFinder
Option One: Online (fastest and easiest)
- Go to TruthFinder Opt-Out Page
- Fill out the form on the page
- Click the green "Remove This Record" button next to the correct report
- Enter a valid email address and click "Send Confirmation Email"
- Check your inbox for the confirmation email. If you don’t find it, check your spam folder
- Click the link in the confirmation email to confirm your opt-out request
Option Two: By Phone
- Call the TruthFinder Member Care Team at (800) 699-8081
- Provide your name, address, age and any other information they may need to locate your record
Option Three: By Mail
- Address an envelope to TruthFinder, 2534 State Street, Suite 473, San Diego, CA, 92101
- Provide your full name, full address, email address, and date of birth
- Apply postage to your envelope and drop it in the mail
Try the NEW TruthFinder App on the Google Play Store
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have opted out and continue to see your information, please call member care.
What If I Have More Than One Result For My Name?
TruthFinder compiles public records from many sources, so subtle changes in data may make it difficult to always accurately pinpoint your report. This is why there might be more than one result for your first and last name in our directory.
If you see that there’s more than one result for your name, you must submit a separate request for each result that you want removed. Please include your name as it appears on the site.
In your opt-out request, please list your address, date of birth, and any other information that might help us identify you. Like we said above, there may be multiple people with your exact name. A complete form will help us remove the right report.
Be sure to include a valid email address with your opt-out request. If we have any questions, we’ll contact you through the email address you provide us.
When Will My Records Be Removed From TruthFinder?
We do our best to process opt-out requests as quickly as possible. Once we receive your opt-out request, it should take about 48 hours for us to locate your report in our system and remove your records from TruthFinder. Remember, your info will still be available in government public records.
Can I Opt Out More Than One Person?
Yes. Please submit a separate request for each person you want removed from TruthFinder.
Will People Still Be Able To See My Records After I Opt Out?
Within 48 hours after we receive your opt-out request, your information should no longer be visible on TruthFinder.com. However, we can only control what’s listed on our own site. Your data may still be visible in government public records and other public records search websites.
I Want To Mail My Opt Out Request
It’s a lot faster to just fill out this form here. But if you want to mail in your request, we do accept snail mail. Make sure you send us the following info:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date Of Birth
Can I Still Become A Member If I’ve Opted Out?
Yes. You can still look up other people on TruthFinder, even if you’ve had your info removed. But remember, opting out will prevent you from seeing what’s on your personal background report.
For questions, comments, or concerns, you can always call us toll free at (800) 699-8081. Our U.S.-based member care team is standing by, ready to help you 24/7 (some holiday hours may vary).